Siouxland District Health Department

Creating a healthy community for all


Reportable Disease Hotline

To report diseases immediately, use the Iowa Department of Public Health 24/7 disease reporting telephone hotline: 1-800-362-2736. 

Want to know when and how to report certain diseases view IDPH's Disease Reporting Poster.

Disease Tracker

Interested in knowing what illnesses are being reported in Woodbury County? Find out by viewing our Disease Tracker.


Testing your home for radon is easy and inexpensive. Test kits are available at SDHD for only $7. Learn more about radon and testing your home. 

Quitline Iowa


Quit Now 

Smoke Free Housing

Learn more about owning or renting a smoke free apartment and which Woodbury County apartment complexes are smoke free.

Tobacco Prevention

For more information on tobacco prevention, cessation, and environmental changes click here.

facebook twitter


Ralph IowaSic.


WIC Appointment?

Make sure you are prepared and you bring everything you need. Find out what you should bring with you


Need a copy of your child's immunization record? Click Here. Must have name, date of birth, and a Social Security or Medicaid number.

To schedule an appointment, call 712-279-6119 and ask for the clinic.

Immunization eligibility information for Vaccine for Children's (VFC) program in English and Spanish 

Click here for more information.

All clinics held at SDHD, 1014 Nebraska St.

There is a $15.00 administration fee per child for all non-Iowa Medicaid children receiving vaccinations through our immunization clinics.  We accept cash, check, credit or debit cards for payment at this time. In addition, we are unable to accept children with Hawk-I coverage.  These children should be taken to their physician for immunizations.


Index A - Z » Indexed » A-Z Search

Breastfeeding Peer Counseling PDF Print E-mail


Breastfeeding Peer Counseling:

Moms helping Moms: Get support and advice from other WIC moms who have training and experience in breastfeeding.


Who is your Breastfeeding Peer counselor: A WIC mother just like you.


How can your Breastfeeding Peer Counselor help you: Help you initiate breastfeeding and also answer your questions or concerns.


What does a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor do: Contact you during your pregnancy and after your baby is born. Will listen to your concerns and provide support and advice.


How to sign up for Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program:

Just print this referral form and fax to 712-255-2677 or bring the completed form to WIC office.

Referral form in English

Referral form in Spanish


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Joomla 1.5 Templates by Joomlashack