Siouxland District Health Department participates in the federal Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program. The VFC Program was created to meet the vaccination needs of children from birth through 18 years of age. The program is intended to help raise childhood immunization levels, especially among infants and young children. This program supplies federally purchased vaccine at no cost to eligible children.
The VFC program provides vaccines for all children from birth through 18 years of age who meet one of the following criteria:
- Child has no health insurance coverage
- Child is American Indian or Alaskan Native
- Child is enrolled in Medicaid. The following Medicaid programs are qualifiers for Vaccines for Children
- Medicaid Greencard, Medicaid HMO(s), Medipass Gatekeeper program, and Medicaid as secondary health coverage. (Individuals who have a primary health insurance company and Medicaid as secondary coverage are eligible for the VFC program and should be immunized using state supplied vaccine.)
- Child is underinsured
- Underinsured means the child has some type of health insurance, but the benefit plan does not include immunizations.
- Underinsured children are eligible to receive VFC vaccine only if they are served by a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Rural Health Clinic (RHC) or public health clinic.)
In addition, SDHD is unable to serve children enrolled in hawk-i. This program covers childhood immunizations. These children should be taken to their regular physician for their immunizations.
Need an immunization record for your child? Click here to link to the IRIS, Iowa's Immunization Registry Information System.
Immunization Clinic Schedules
July - December 2013 Immunization Schedule (English & Spanish)
2014 Immunization Clinic Schedule - January through March 2014 (English & Spanish)
IDPH: Available Vaccines and Covered Age Ranges
CDC Vaccines & Immunizations
IDPH: Bureau of Immunizations
VFC: Available Vaccines and Covered Age Ranges
Immunizations for Babies (English)
Immunizations for Babies (Spanish)
2013 Immunization Schedule for Children ages Birth - 6 years (English)
2013 Immunization Schedule for Children ages Birth - 6 years (Spanish)
2013 Immunization Schedule for Children ages 7 - 18 years (English)
2013 Immunization Schedule for Children ages 7 - 18 years (Spanish)
When Do Children and Teens Need Vaccinations? (English)
When Do Children and Teens Need Vaccinations? (Spanish)